My old band The Three O’Clock was asked by Brian Jonestown Massacre to open for them at The Wiltern. File under I have never played there before…
Here is our set
New band videos that we publish…
“The Making of Ping Pong Shoe” – Asics, featuring “Gentlemen’s Gold” by Neon Plastix:
Here is the latest Payless commercial Featuring The Prissteens that we landed… Thanks Chris!
Yours truly at last gig by The Quick:
Mott The Hoople
Love this photo! Hail Mott!!!
Another month… another shuffle!
Thank You Girl The Beatles Live at the BBC
I’m A Man Q65 They rock!
Pretty Woman Roy Orbison Nothing wrong with liking hits!
Same Jeans by The View on 1965 Records, nice one!
Amateur Hour by Sparks still love this record!
And as I fade…
The Way I Feel by Tony Hazzard underrated songwriter pop single from 1970, and the way I feel can only get better, been ill…boo
We land 1990s an AT&T spot, have a look and enjoy!
Sparklesquirrel is legend and these photos prove it.
Giraffe ass rules! From ‘out of africa’ Arizona. – Danny
I Was There!
Underrated wet coast photographer Greg Papazian took this photo proving that I was one nervy kid. How me and my friend Mike Ignelzi got into T Rex’s sound check and walked right to the front at the Hollywood Palladium as if he was playing for only the two of us, I will never know! But yes that is me looking up at Marc in rock awe!
Party shuffle madness
(In no order)
1. Sweet Freedom by Jeff Christie (Of Yellow River fame!)
2. Femme Fatale Teenage Fanclub Teens go Velvet!
3. The Last Thing On My Mind-Marianne Faithfull covered many times, here is MF on the BBC!
4. Surfers Rule The Beach Boys I am from the valley surfers would have kicked my ass!
5. Blue Condition (Alternate Version) By Cream, how I feel, I just want my face back!
and as I fade…
6. Seen A Ghost by The Honedogs… I am off to play every T Rex 45 on my turntable, record club is open!
Francis Macdonald has a date with Nissan!
Click Here to watch!
The most interesting man in the world Dos Equis campaign has been my favorite for awhile. As I TIVO through life, I always stop laugh and smile when I see these spots. Great! Stay thirsty my friends indeed!
The Shuffle is on…
In more ways then one … Dana Rosenfeld has left the lab,best of luck! Ladies and gentleman welcome Laura Jane Scott, she can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
I Pod shuffle for August
1. Oh Darling-The Beatles; out take from Anthology sloppy version…
2. Lady Godiva-Peter & Gordon; a Panorama City fave, my childhood home, my late brother Jonathan loved this song!
3. Tell Me-The Honeydog ; Sitting in my office at Polygram publishing this CD arrived, with no letter, I put it on and signed this little combo, with their great live shows, maybe they should have been called The Underdogs, tons of talent, in a world that should of cared, Adam Levy is a very talented guy!
4. Falling In Love With Myself-Sparks; Oh yes they influenced my life, have you heard Mondo Deco?
5. Wait And See-The Byrds
And closing the shuffle…
6. Blues De Luxe-The Jeff Beck Group; I adore this band, for a moment there they gave Zeppelin a run for their money!
We land commercials!
Silver Seas Imaginary Girl for Sears Kenmore!
Run by Melanie
My friend Melanie Mandl, spent 2 1/2 years making this breathtaking short done to a track by Air she got their approval to enter it at film festivals
she just won the audience award at the LA Film Festival. I LOVE THIS!!! Click to watch.
Slow news day
My old band The Three O’Clock gets raked over the coals,as the British show there non-love for my band OUCH!
Catch of the day: The Three O’Clock
via Guardian Unlimited: Guardian Unlimited: Arts blog – music by Mark Hooper on 2/26/08
Mark Hooper: If you like the Stone Roses, you might be interested in this forgotten LA combo
Gospel part 2
Way back in my early years of rock The Quick re-opened the Whisky-a-Go-Go and I never knew about this early footage of Danny Wilde from The Quick… Enjoy!
No order… now playing
1. Look Away-Manfred Mann also covered by The Spencer Davis Group (which is a better version)
2. When You’re Young The Jam live nice one!
3. All Night Long Dave Clark Five R.I.P Mike Smith and Fuck off Jann Wenner! Dave the music should be in print.
4. Natural Born Bugie Humble Pie, when being a supergoup was a cool thing…
5. Sweeter Than Sugar Duster Bennett UK blues artist a one man band who made some very good records.
And closing out this month…
6. Love by Paul Jones ex Manfred Mann
and out we go with…
7. SOL Pt 1 Wooden Shjips acting as if it is 1968, in 2008 crazy stuff!!
Friendship is a big part of our lives, I wanted to mention a few friends…
My dear friend and partner in synchs at natural energy lab has left, we all wish her the best – times a million, we will miss her bigtime!
Having known Kevin for many years and just recently put back in touch with him when Lark Williams contacted me, we just started talking again, having been very good friends, sharing rehearsal rooms, car accidents, crazy parties and geeky love for The Small Faces. He had left me a voicemail, as he was going to make me a copy of a super 8 film with me and Kevin and Stan and Billy of The Dickies playing Moonage Daydream, I had the message meaning to pester him for a copy that we talked about. I am so sad to hear that he passed away. I hope his family and close friends are doing OK. Sorry we could not have met up again, other then the few phone calls we had in recent months.
I Pod Shuffle…
Yes, I am still listening
1. Odorono The Who
2. Lover The Troggs
3. Mother Writes Elmer Gantry’s Velvet Opera
4. Billy Hunt The Jam
5. Je Danse Donce Je Suis Brigitte Bardot
6. Who Do You Love Ian Hunter
Here’s Today The Koobas
Stand Back Buenos Aires!
The wife and I got brave and hopped on a airplane and flew to Buenos Aires. Ah yes nothing like a 15 hour flight to make you feel just right. We stayed at a boutique hotel called Home Buenos Aires and happened to get the best room their garden room,which had a upstairs patio.
Food, yes it may be the beef capitol of the world, but we do not eat meat and did not have a bad meal, plenty of good food!On one of our excursions around town, we came upon this gentleman who plans on walking from Buenos Aires to NYC…yeah right, great image! I think he is making the plans! History in the making!
Pollo, a game for the rich or so it seems, held in private country clubs,100 or so people show up to watch from the side lines to watch a very exciting match between Argentina and Brazil. Brazil wins! Really fun, maybe not for Argentina…
La Recoleta Cemetery is a famous cemetery located in the exclusive Recoleta neighbourhood of Buenos Aires, Argentina. Eva Peron is among the many who are buried there. Every family who is buried there, has there own mausoleum, and they all tried to out do each other with their own style.
The girl above who is said to be the mascot of the cemetery. It is said she died at 19 of a brain aneurysm at the opera in the 1800’s only to wake in the morgue and die again! Legend has it there are scratches inside her coffin…
The trip was too short and I only find out about good used record locations the night before we left from the owner of the hotel. The records I saw had cool covers, but you could never play them. All in all it was well worth it, and the dollar is 3 to 1.
Sparklesquirrel provided the photos…pigeon english was provided by yours truly…
Have a look at the UK’s new fonepranker…Click here
Jon Krop our web Guru, brought up on our quiz last month what’s playing on our Itunes/Ipod. So I thought I would let you know what is playing on my Itunes at home…no cheating warts and all…
Last 5 played on Party Shuffle
1.Pamela-The Bobby Fuller Four
2.Weddings Make me Cry-Sands
3.Baby Baby It’s You-The Yellow Balloon
4.Only You Know-Wes Cunningham
5.(Theme From) The Monkees-The Monkees
Leave My Woman Alone-The Everly Bros