1. Next time you visit LA – you have to visit:
The Danny Benair Record Club
2. Lately I can’t stop watching:
3. Lately I can’t stop listening to:
New John Grant new Paul Weller,Smoke Fairies,Race Horses…and many more..
4. This year for Record Store Day I …
Bought over $100 in records, but every week is record store day to me!
5. My favorite current fad is:
No fad for me…
6. Gazing into the NEL crystal ball, I predict …
More idiots will get into my line of work, god help bands!
7. If I could have a cameo on any currently running TV show, it would be :
30 Rock,or Mad Men
my role would be: New writer, or hired and fired on same episode…not worrying about it though…
8. Best music placement of the year so far:
That is up to someone else to decide, but I am happy with how things are going!
9. The internet pitstop I spend most of my free time lately:
Los Angeles Dodgers, Facebook, Ebay…
10. When will someone invent …
If I knew then I would just invent it!
11. Mark my words … Up and coming:
My Kreskin talents have left me…BUT! Cate Le Bon is rather good!
12. Best live concert of 2010 so far:
Royal Bangs, Cate le Bon,Smoke Fairies
13. Money is no object, you get any one material item, I would pick :
A Flat in London?
14. Ultimate night out would be diner at (or cooked by): Pizzeria Mozza..
with these 6 people: Dianne, Vin Scully, Jimmy Page, Banksy, Paul McCartney, Sandy Koufax
and then followed by going to: Sweet Lady Lanes
15. OK Stop it already people! … really what’s up with the obsession with:
Jon and Kate
16. Low-brow faves:
beverage: Diet Coke, or real low brow action Tab
food: Veggie Burger
work of art: street art
17. High-brow faves:
beverage: I am so low brow…don’t get very fancy
food: Good Japanese or Mexican
work of art: Banksy
18. Last thing that made me laugh out loud:
19. Recent best read was:
Apathy For The Devil by Nick Kent, can he come to dinner too?
20. My last “LA” moment was:
Have a member of Survivor as my waitress…
Time for the annual nel grilling by web master Jon Krop!
1. Had the auction gone on; I wish I could have made a bid on …
Scary David Nordahl Painting
2. My current favorite source to discover new music is:
As lame as it sounds work, and the sources it leads me to.
3. Social Networking sites are (fill in the blank) for the most part:
4. Funniest true news story I’ve seen recently was:
Mother and step mother battling on TV in India over the story of their little girl in Slumdog Millionaire. The father trying to sell her off, nice parents!
5. This year the Dodgers will …
make the playoffs, I can’t get too cocky it is early.
6. Favorite restaurant and meal recently has been:
I am a bore, do like the vegan cobb at Waffle, made to my liking.
7. Most amusing brush with absurd greatness since last year:
Sadly nothing to report..
8. My most anticipated music release for this year:
It will be something I don’t know exists.
9. Favorite article of clothing that you never wear anymore?
My Granny Takes A Trip Quick clothes they are all silly and awesome too!
10. Baby and her tennis balls is my favorite new thing; and MySpace is so over
11. I can’t wait to see Public Enemies hit the big screen!
12. TV show I’d most like to have a cameo on:
playing the role of:
13. 2008 favorite music placement piece:
Had a nice run with Payless..
14. Fave photo or image of the year:
Dianne always showing style…
15. Most engaging page turner I’ve read recently:
Bad Vibes Luke Haines
16. Best part of the weekend:
17. I don’t care if you hate it! I love DBRC and I’m sticking to it!
18. Best live musical performance of the past year:
19. Secret wish for 2009:
Can’t tell it is a secret
20. I still haven’t outgrown:
1- My most anticipated movie release for this spring or summer: Saw the trailer laughed a lot, am I crazy?
2- Latest must own DVD: Try not to buy them ,last thing I need DVD’s!
3- My NEL Grammy for 2007 goes to: Bill Inglot!!
4- Shhh! Don’t tell anyone but I secretly love to watch/listen to (movie/show/band): Rock Of Love
5- This month’s soundtrack to my life would include: In My Box – Fairfield Parlour, Solitary Confinement – Weirdos and Set me Free – The Kinks
6- Best thing about leap years: A- an extra day in February, B- Presidential Elections, or C- The Olympics or D (fill in) ?
All of the above
7- Best fashion statement: A Suit but please don’t ever get caught wearing: A Jean suit !
8- Most recently enjoyed best eats were the (food item) Pizza from Pizzeria Mozza
9- Nick Walker is totally happening Itacho is so over.
10- Last book read that was difficult to put down: Bit Of A Blur by Alex James
11- Hottest gossip item or rumor of the year: nelab is starting a publishing company.
12- My weekly “must see TV” shows is/are: Survivor , 30 Rock, Lost, Dodger games on TV and many more
13- Best song / commercial pairing of the past year: See You at The Lights 1990s
14- Keep your eyes on Airborne Toxic Event – they are worthy of superstardom! not sure superstardom, but they are good, also like the Ting Tings!
15- Favorite News story of the year: Hillary vs Obama
16- Self indulgent dream purchase if money were no object: Flat in London
17- Last thing that made me laugh out loud: my dogs!
18- Most anticipated music release for this summer:The 88, ting tings
19- We’ve seen Flava of Love, Rock of Love, now VH1 should bring us : Beatle of Love – starring: Paul McCartney
20- Random fact:
Elvis Presley spent a day in 1958 on military leave from Germany, in London with UK rock and roller Tommy Steele, and nobody knew until 2 weeks ago!
1. No questions or explanations needed … just find this and watch/listen/eat/read/consume/enjoy it:
2. Are you drinking anything right now?
Cranberry Juice on the rocks!
3. Fave TV show of the season?
4. Have you ever tasted/eaten pet food?
A dog cookie when I as a 11, it tasted like cardboard.
5. What 3 things you always bring with you to places?
Wallet, Money, Phone (Don’t mug me)
6. Last movie you saw?
7. What song are you currently listening to or last listened to?
Unreleased Faces song, that nobody has heard…shhhh!
8. Last celebrity sighting you had?
Standing next to Cameron Diaz and Drew Barrymore on stage watching Jarvis Cocker at Coachella
9. Current guilty pleasure?
10. Perfect song and commercial match of the past year:
11. Top 5 most played songs on your iPod/iTunes?
Last 5 were: Portfolio-Fairport Convention, Yes I Will-The Hollies, Women-The Easybeats, Satisfaction-The Troggs, Having A Wild Weekend-Dave Clark 5, all on party shuffle…next up: This Must Be Love-The 88
12. Do you sing in the shower or car?
13. Whatever happened to … ?
14. Last MySpace bulletin read …
They all suck, well almost all, one a day brother one a day…
15. If it wasn’t bad so bad for you, I’d indulge every day …
Hot Fudge Sundaes!!!
16. Most memorable moment since the last 20 questions …
Watching Bill Maher
17. This year’s NEL GRAMMY goes to:
no comment talk to my agent..
18. This year’s NEL OSCAR goes to:way too early..
ask me in December
19. This year’s NEL EMMY goes to:
30 Rock…people wake up!
20. This year’s NEL WEBBY goes to:
You tube still has my vote
Mr. Jones by Sparkles
1- Most anticipated movie release for this summer: Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
2- Latest must own DVD: Tour De Franz
3- The NEL Grammy for 2005 goes to: Arctic Monkeys
4- Shhh! Don’t tell anyone but I secretly love to watch/listen to (movie/show/band) Blow Out
5- This month’s soundtrack to my life would include: Crying-Roy Orbison and Honeycomb-Jimmy Rogers
6- Latest rad fad: www.youtube.com Make it stop!!
7- That’s so over, stop with it already!: Friendster
8- Most recently enjoyed best eats were the (food item) Penne Pasta from Mauro’s
9- Web site I’ve been visiting far too often lately is: www.youtube.com
10- Last book read that was difficult to put down: Kids In The Riot: High And Low With The Libertines-Peter Welsh
11- Hottest rumor of the year: Katie and Tom had a child!
12- My weekly “must see TV” shows are: Sopranos, Survivor, Bill Maher.
13- Best song / commercial combo of the past year: I’m Not Like Everybody Else The Kinks IBM, Wes Anderson AMEX
14- What musician should have their own reality cooking show? Bono
15- Favorite Urban Legend: Girl Hitchiker who is dead, and heck, yeah I believe it!
Fact or fiction?
16 – Most amazing find on www.youtube.com Rolling Stone Rice
17- Last thing that made me laugh out loud: My dogs
18- Most anticipated music release for this summer: Have me stumped….
19- My dream Surreal Life cast would be: (6 people): George Bush Dick Cheney, Bill Mahar, Bill Cliinton, Abe Lincoln, and Hugh Hefner, all in smoking jackets….
20- Random fact: I sing background vocals on Amoeba by The Adolescents.
– the lab get grilled by Jon, their web monkey yet again!
1. Every time I hear it, I can’t help but hum it
The Bump by Kenny
2. Outstanding use of a song in a movie or TV show during the past year?
Hey Scensters The Cribs on The OC
3. Memorable live music moment of 2004?
4. What was the last thing you ate?
5. Take just my word for it … you gotta click here
6. Favorite TV moment of the past year?
Shutting it off…or…The Red Sox Winning the Sorld Series, but that is soooo ’04
7. Why the heck isn’t Peter Ibbetson available on DVD yet?
8. Enough with the Bump already people!
9. I’d rather be day dreaming about …
10. You might not expect it, but I totally love …
The Bump by Kenny.
11. I’m counting down the days until …
I go on vacation (none planned)
12. My most recently acquired hobby or interest is
Same old crap:,buying records…
13. If I could ask anybody one thing and get a complete and honest answer, it would be
…What happens when we die?
14. Favorite Urban Legend:
15. I secretly wish I could be None (character) from ( the movie or book ) for a day.
16. The last book I read was …
Behind The Scenes On The Pegasus Carousel
17. I used think they were singing “Louie Louie” when they were really singing “Louie Louie”.
18. My most recent outburst of laughter came from …
Watching my dogs.
19. My specialty meal that I can cook from scratch is …
20. More people should listen to …
THE MAGIC NUMBERS !!!
… Now it’s time for the nel staff to drop and give you 20!
SHOCKING! DARING! REVEALING!
Master web wizard Jon Krop throws the questions, and we have to answer?
1 – Best music moment in the past year:
2 – Rad Fad of the past year:
3 – Best song in a commercial in the past year:
Not Bad At All – Steve McDonald and Anna Waronker (Mini Cooper)
4 – Guilty pleasure of the past year:
5 – Not so guilty pleasure of the past year:
6 – You are stuck on a road trip from LA to New York in the back seat, and the driver only has one CD that is playing over and over again …
you would prefer that CD to be:
A – John Mayer
B – William Hung
C – Mrs. Miller’s Greatest Hits
D – The Osmonds’ Crazy Horses It rocks!
E – George Harrison – Gone Troppo
F – Mick Jager – Primitive Cool
G – I would rather walk
7 – Music industry prediction for 2004?
8 – Best music related movie of 2003?
Kill Bill 1
9 – The best thing I did in 2003 was …
make it to the end!
10 – I still I can’t believe I actually liked …
Dawn Of The Dead
11 – I’m just itching from anticipation from the next release from …
12 – Clear Channel should be banned before Howard Stern or Janet Jackson.
14 – Politics being what they are today, Rodney Bingenheimer is recalled from Mayor of the Sunset Strip, in the runoff election your vote for his successor goes to:
The Hooker with 2 ponytails on the corner.
15 – Song with a hook so strong I couldn’t get it out of my head for weeks(regardless of liking it or not …)
16 – Your last celebrity encounter was …
17 – The most recent book you finished reading …
18 – The last time you dressed up for Halloween, your costume was …
80’s New Wave
19 – Pet peeve …
20 – A question for me from you …
Where do babies come from?
IKEA, I always see tons of them there, but I think you can get a better on EBAY.
Gospel Part 2
Well, if you have 2 dogs, why not three? Ladies and Gentleman, I introduce … Montgomery!
… Now it’s time for the nel staff to drop and give you 20!
SHOCKING! DARING! REVEALING!
1.) First celebrity crush?
2.) What was your first record purchased or owned?
Meet The Beatles
3.) What record or tape have you had to replace to due to listening to it so much (if any)?
None, I love the snap,crackle and pop of vinyl, baby!!!
4.) Favorite actor/actress turned musician?
Richard Harris, of course!
5.) Your ‘Desert Island’ five “must have” album picks are:
a. *Revolver Beatles for McCartney’s solo in Taxman
b. *Forever Changes Love
c. *Between The Buttons The Rolling Stones
d. *Odyssey and Oracle The Zombies
e. *We Are The Village Green Preservation Society The Kinks
f. Ask me tomorrow, and I will pick 5 others!!
6.) Stones, Beatles, Brooks & Dunn or N’synch?
7.) Last concert that left you blown away and raving.
The Coral, WHEW!!!!!
8.) What fad would you most want to see make a comeback?
Great dances like The Freddy,The Charlston, and the Locomtion. And I want to start two Dancefads,The Headache, and The Charlton Heston, they will be massive in the Midwest.
9.) Favorite “Behind the Music” episode?
10.) I would be most likely to be found guilty of:
a. Having a mohawk
b. Having feathered hair
c. Singing into a hairbrush while thinking no one is watching.
d. Spotted in Heavy Metal Parking Lot
e. Wearing acid washed jeans tucked into cowboy boots.
f. All of the above
g. C and air guitar too!
11.) Favorite use of a song in a commercial?
Teabeery Shuffle Teaberry Gum
12.) This question will be entered into a short “Mad-Lib”, please answer
13.) Who would be your ideal person to have a Reality TV series based on?
Sadaam and Osama on Survivor
14.) Favorite food with absolutely no nutritional value?
Tuna Melt, but Ihave not had one in years!
15.) My latest “Rad Fad” / guilty pleasure is:
Dressing like a member of the Bay City Rollers.
(photo by Pip Abell)
16.) Favorite pop song that has been covered in Muzak format?
One Track Mind – The Knickerbockers
17.) Corey Feldman or Corey Haim?
Oh…they both suck…15 minutes is way up.
18.) Musician or group you’d love to see on the Simpsons?
19.) Favorite beverage:
Ice Cappacino from Peets Coffee
20.) There ought to be a law … (fill in the blank)
to stop George Bush from his world tour of war!